Forest River - Horrific experience

Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I Have had the most hair-raising experience with forest river I have a custom made puma Destiination trailer 38 TBS that has a floor that is improperly built the joist do not fit together and it is too long the floor plan it’s self is defective before the trailer was ever built I have suffered with it sagging in front of my sliding glass door and in front of my bathroom it looks like a floor that’s been water damage even though no water damaged it when my trailer came in it had no hook ups for the washer dryer that I paid for it had the external ones but all internal piping and wiring was missing I also had the external cable hook ups with no internal wiring at all I have to run my cable wires through the side of the slide in and close to slide up on them my oven does not work at all nor does it heat and when we found out the problem it was a gas leak in the propane wire so therefore I have to take my propane completely off my trailer as the cold winter months approach I will not have heat except from for my fireplace if that works I have not yet tried it because it’s been hot both ACs have both Freon leaks and it is deducting is not even fully through the whole trailer the rear bedroom has no ducting at all my couch has been falling apart since day one my cupboards and Doors are peeling my sinks are falling down into the Beneath the sink You can tell this by the way the sink covers have sink over an inch the cupboard is not level the striping on the outside is peeling and falling off the slide outs will not come in and in and out properly without being manually force the antenna hookah has an external hook up but no internal wiring the bathroom underneath both sinks leaks as well as underneath the kitchen sink the pipes for the sewer are in properly done to restore smell comes up through your kitchen sink my slang glass door constantly is off-track my pool blind is completely fell apart as well as most of the rest of the trailer I look forward to and planned on this trailer for a very long time I am disgusted at the treatment at the dealership and of all the legal department at Forest River Inc. R V Wholesalers is who sold me this trailer and they are scam artist forest river tells you give them the opportunity to fix it and then they do not send anyone to fix it or set up a time for you to fix it they let you set until they run out of warranty I am for other people who have the same floor plan all have the same exact problem I do not think this is a mistake it is a defect in the floor plan this trailer is a nightmare along with all the rest of this I also have a defective hole in my awning that was made during manufacturing even though they probably saw it when I put it on thet ignored that fact and went aheaD I had set my trailer with it I have tried desperately to get a hold of the owner PEAK legal but I have been ignored for three months now I have been a racially a billet abused by Mr.

Johnny Jones from the factory and I am at the edge of glory on this I am now traveling to the forest river factory to walk in and speak with Mr. legal myself either by well or by the force of the police I will not be forced into the same floor plan again that I know me another for other people who have defective ones I want something different or my money back

Forest River - 2016 Palomino

We bought this camper in spring 2016 but were not able to use it due to

unforeseen circumstances. After a 5,700 mile trip this summer, we were truly able to tell how CHEAPLY and POORLY built this RV is.

Screws falling out, windows leaking, drains leaking, etc.... As I am now fixing most of their SCREW-UPS, I can really tell how shoddy

the workmanship is. If something doesn't fit right.... Their motto must be:( assemble it anyway

and GLOB lots of liquid rubber all over it) !!!

Some sick kind of quality control, MORE CAULK to hide the @$#%-ups.

I'm truly amazed the steps didn't fall off driving down the road.

I could go on and on, but WHY???

I don't know how other RV companies rate (quality & attention to detail,)

but I'd give Forest River a ZERO !!

I would only buy a Forest River product again if I can see it being built.

And we all know THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rv One Superstores - Broken Brand New 5th Wheel

1.9
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Traded our 2016 Jayco pull along the beginning of November, for an upgrade...Columbus 5th wheel from Tampa RV One. We were promised the couch, table, drawers, doors, leaks, new woodwork for a damaged bedroom caused by a mismeasured slide, and electrical system that is shorted out would all be fixed by the end of November when we were scheduled to pick up unit.

One month later, after making the first payment, we pick up camper only to find NOT ONE item had been fixed!!! Totally frustrated and angered, we contact the service, or NON-Service Dept., to deal with KIM...the most nasty, unprofessional worker we’ve ever had to deal with, who let us know that if we wNted the unit fixed, WE would have to pay a service call fee if $90 an hour for someone to come out...first available appt. approximately a month and a half later!!! Furious, to say the least, called corporate and salesperson to complain.

Finally, action was taken and the service person finally made it to us by February 7th...only to realize the issues were worse than explained to him by the wonderful (NOT) Service Dept., and he was not prepared with the proper tools/items, to fix our camper!! We were left with only a promise that he would try to make it back out when RV One would authorize it once he had all the parts needed they knew we needed back in November!!! Soooo upset, called the manager Matt repeatedly, with not even a return phone call or email. RV ONE was kind and full of promises to take care of our camper and anything we needed....until we did a down payment and signed on the dotted line.....buyer BE WARE!!!

Lied to and taken advantage of = Loss of Customer & Many More who read this, and know ME!!! Jodi & Walter

Product or Service Mentioned: Palomino Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Camping World of Raleigh, NC will tell you anything to get you in there.

My husband and I were in the market for a camper and I found one on RV Trader that was the size and floor plan that I was looking for. I emailed Judy Campbell at Camping World in Raleigh, NC, asking for more pictures, which she sent.

When I enlarged them to look more closely, I noticed what looked like bubbling in front of the slide - where campers are notorious for delaminating. So I opened the photo in Paint, put an arrow and circled the spot, and returned the photo to Judy Campbell. I told Judy that I had a 2 hour drive and if the camper is delaminating, then I am not interested. Judy Campbell told me she walked out to the camper and ran her finger on the spot and it was completely smooth.

She said when standing there, she did not see any bubbling, and she assured me it was just a mark on the photo and that it was not delaminating, so my husband and I made arrangements to drive the 4 hour round trip the next day. When we arrived, a man named JT took us to see the camper. We looked at it for 2 seconds and saw the extensive delamination. JT said it wasn't delaminating, that was just a bubble under the fiberglass.

My husband said bubbles under the fiberglass is the description of delaminating. He was furious and we started to leave. JT said not to leave, that they have other campers that they could show us and because of the misunderstanding (outright lie) by Judy Campbell, they would go out of their way to give us a good deal - the old bait and switch. We found a similar new camper with the same floor plan that JT was quick to try to sell to us - at full price.

I asked him about the "misunderstanding" and he said he would ask the manager for a better. The manager came out to the lot, we showed him the delamination - which he again said was just bubbling - LOL - and refused to even give us a good deal on the new one! We left and the next day, went to RV Outlet, USA, in Ringgold, VA where we bought a nicer camper for less money than their "discounted" one. In retrospect, they didn't care what they had to say to get us in there.

They just wanted the chance to try to sell a camper, any camper, and if they had to lie to get us in there, they were quick to do it. They add on ridiculous document fees and prep fees that other dealers don't charge so their advertised prices seem low, but they are the highest priced dealer that I have seen.

Attached is the email stream with my email and phone numbers removed. This is a screen shot of my entire email stream so you can see Judy Campbell's lie for yourself.

Product or Service Mentioned: Palomino Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Being repeatedly lied to, Treated like an idiot.

Campers Inn - Bad camper

Bought a 2015 Palo-mini and ever since then all we have had it trouble, took it to the place we bought it at they had to fix the table, ac would drain on the counter and messed up that and had to get a new on , frig drain line was kinked and went all over the floor, table came off the wall, door handle came off the bathroom door, they had it for months and we had to cancle camping trips do to all of that, NOW this year roof leaks around the vents and now it is leaks right above the bed and in the corner. Called Campers Inn and asked them about it and it is always something with them wish they would just buy it back and I can get something else. Love going camping but can't enjoy it cause something is always happening to it and can't get no help.

Comments

We purchased a 2014 Palomini model 131RL. We typically go camping 4 times a year, to give you perspective on how often we go camping.

From the first camping trip, the glue holding out camper together has had failed. Body panels, corner molding, anything that is glued in coming off! I’ve called the dealer, then the dealer told me to call Forest River. Forest River told me to call the dealer.

So on, so forth. If you want to waste your time and money on a piece of crap, then buy anything from Forest River.

If you hate quality, then buy Forest River. They sell junk.

Forest River - Beware of palomino solaire

New palomino solaire 32 foot, wife and I camped for along time with older campers with little to no issues, decided to go new and enjoy it while the kids were young, water leaks, trim falls off, blinds fall down, toilet leaks, ac rumbles the ceiling, outside fiberglass is coming loose from aluminum frame!! What the *** it's brand new right!

Had it back to the dealer last fall and they fixed all the issues our 3rd camping trip this year and it rained, the ceiling starting leaking again! Wife went to put the blinds up and they fell on the floor, fiberglass sides separateing from aluminum frame again and so on and so on. Called the dealer cause I was obviously upset and they told me to take it somewhere else and trade it because they did not want to deal with it no more! Isn't that why we buy from dealers?

So now we are making payments on a new piece of junk. Thanks polamino and huge dealer.

DONT BUY A POLAMINO SOLAIRE!!! And stay with the small dealers who care and your not just another sale.

Forest River - Palomino Rv Rv Review from Loveland, Colorado

1.7

Product or Service Mentioned: Palomino Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

Rkroberson8

I have the same issues in a 2013 300x12 xlr toy hauler. Was trying to get this fixed before I traded for a bigget toy hauler, you can be it wont be a forest river product.

Very poor customer service!

They do not value thier customers. Forest river does not stand behind thier products!!!!!!!!

Rkroberson8
to Rkroberson8 Fort Campbell, Kentucky, United States #1259526

Well maybe I spoke too soon, I just received a call back from forest river and they are wanting some additional pics of the damaged area. I will keep you posted on the results. Fingers crossed!

Camping World - AWESOME purchase experience from CW Madison

4.9

Can't say enough good about everyone at Camping World of Madison. We knew what we wanted and worked with Matt in sales to get it done.

He was very helpful from order to pickup. Columbus came from factory with a couple of minor issues and Camping World would not let us do our PDI until they had everything fixed. They did and all has been great. We picked it up in April 2016 and have 5000 miles on it already.

Everything has been working great including the couple of items they had to fix. All around great experience and will continue to recommend to everyone I know.

Product or Service Mentioned: Palomino Rv Rv.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

I liked: Employees, Prices, Commitment to detail, Selection.

DO NOT BUY A FOREST RIVER TRAILER! Severe safety manufacturing deficits and they have no interest in addressing them

Division No. 8,Alberta

Purchased a Palomino Sabre in 2015 last year. This unit runs upwards $55,000.

Huge gaps of caulking missing throughout the exterior shell so water has already made its way into the unit, also a split in the exterior wall of the unit which the dealer, Western RV in Grande Prairie, AB identified the frame was warped and, as a result, the unit was off centre. In being off centre this resulted in the main living room slide drooping and the jacks breaking (again, this unit was brand new at the time). Western RV returned the unit to FR plant in Indiana. Informed us that in order to correct the frame the walls would have to be removed then the frame and water damage would be taken care of.

After several months it came back and nothing had been done except a replacement band aide panel on the wall that split. Major concerns such as the Frame still being warped & water damge not addressed remain.

Hace emails where the dealership acknowledges there are problems but states we are stuck with it. SAVE YOUR MONEY; BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND!

Comments

I have not had much luck with our camper as well. Trim falls off leaking bathroom, problem with slide.

That they told us we could do it manually but this model you can not. Called dealer and they did not even know were the reset switch is.

I now know why they were pushy with the extended warranty. Should of listened.